HAES® Dietitians & Nutritionists in Melbourne
Malvern, East Melbourne, North Melbourne, Coburg and Kew
Expert advice from nutritionists & dietitians who love food!
“I just want to feel normal around food!”
This is something we commonly hear from our clients when they first come to see us. Our aim is to help you achieve this.
Heal your relationship with food and reconnect with the pleasure of eating. Heal your relationship with your body and reconnect with life!
At love what you eat, accredited practising dietitians Zoe Nicholson and Kerrie Hill will help you get off the dieting merry-go-round and help you reconnect with your appetite in order to nourish your body well and rediscover the pleasure of eating. Through this process you’ll be able let go of any food anxiety or guilt, feel better in your body and discover what it means to be truly healthy. No cutting our your favourite foods, no going without and no dieting. At love what you eat, we use the Non-Diet Approach and Intuitive Eating to help you take care of the health of your body and live a more fulfilling life.
Diets are not only ineffective as you nearly always regain the weight, they are now a known a risk factor for long-term weight gain. In addition, they actually damage your health, both mentally and physically. Any food or calorie restriction to intentionally lose weight is a form of dieting.
Our dietitians work within the Health at Every Size® (HAES) paradigm.
Our philosophy is this…
- A positive attitude to food is more important than always striving to make the “right” food choice
- Reconnect with your internal signals of hunger, fullness and satisfaction
- Establish and nurture a healthy relationship with food, eating and your body
- Reconnect with food, practice eating with mindfulness and you can enjoy all food
- Choose from a variety of foods and no one food type need be restricted
LEARN TO TRULY ENJOY FOOD
Forget the latest fad, forget trying to be “clean” or “sugar free”,
forget diet foods, forget shakes & juices.
In the words of Evelyn Tribole R.D.
(and a spin off from Michael Pollan)
“Enjoy eating food, not too much, not too little, mostly what satisfies you!”
click the sandwich to read this blog…
- Healthy eating encompasses listening to our appetite and eating food that satisfies us when we feel hungry and being able to recognise when we’ve eaten enough.
- Healthy eating is the mindful enjoyment of any type of food without needing to worry about calories or body weight.
- Healthy eating is also sharing food with others over a meal, celebration or just to keep someone company.
- Healthy eating is sometimes eating fruit and sometimes eating sweets.
- Healthy eating includes sometimes eating when not hungry and sometimes eating more than you need.
- But most of all, healthy eating is having a positive attitude to food and eating where there is enough nutritional variety but also where food can be eaten purely for the joy of eating!
In this e-book, Accredited Practising Dietitian & Nutritionist, and co-founder of The Moderation Movement, Zoe Nicholson, explains why diets don’t work, that there are no “bad” foods, and offers practical tips to help you begin your Intuitive Eating journey. Click the banner to purchase your copy today!