Promoting the Non-Diet Approach to a wider audience
Zoe has appeared on 774 ABC Melbourne and 3AW radio to talk about The Non-Diet Approach, The Moderation Movement and why dieting can be so problematic. Zoe has contributed many quotes and been involved with writing articles for several magazines, newspapers and the online publications, including:
|Choice Magazine – The good oil. Is coconut oil all it’s cracked up to be, or just another fad? We investigate to find out whether it lives up to the health hype. - Mar 2014||Read More|
|Coach – Just because you lose weight on a diet doesn’t mean it’s a good diet - June 2018||Read More|
|Coach – Why there isn’t just one way of eating well - June 2018||Read More|
|Empower Magazine – ‘Are you gluten intolerant’ - Nov 2009||Read More|
|Good Food – How to ditch the food guilt (and order the chocolate pudding) - June 2017||Read More|
|Good Food – Sugar alternatives: are some sugars better than others? - October 2015||Read More|
|Mamamia – Dietitians say beauty YouTubers dishing out diet guidance is “highly problematic”. - April 2017||Read More|
|Medibank Be Magazine – The Moderation Movement - September 2015||Read More|
|my Body + Soul – Can’t sleep? Try this easy peasy solution - June 2016||Read More|
|my Body + Soul – Is sweet potato toast the most important food trend of 2016? - June 2016||Read More|
|Royal Australian College of General Practitioners – Understanding the Health At Every Size paradigm - May 2018||Read More|
|The Herald Sun – Belle Gibson cancer lie puts spotlight on unregulated wellness industry - May 2015||Read More|
|The Herald Sun – Junk food ban at children’s parties leaves kids spitting chips - June 2015||Read More|
|The Herald Sun ‘Body & Soul’ lift-out – The Moderation Movement - March 2016||Read More|
|Women’s Weekly – “Cheat day” PJs reinforce damaging messages about food - August 2016||Read More|
|Women’s Weekly – Being overweight may not be as unhealthy as it was - May 2016||Read More|
|Women’s Weekly – The dark side of clean eating - June 2016||Read More|
In the community…
Zoe has worked as a consultant to the Melbourne L’Oréal Fashion Festival to provide professional advice on any nutritional concerns with the models.
Zoe has also worked or volunteered her time with:
- For several years Zoe donated her time for a ‘meet the expert’ session during the Seniors festival to promote healthy eating for older Australians.
- Video Education Australasia to appear on the educational DVD “the cooking process” shown to high school and TAFE students across Australia.
- Moreland City Council and Melbourne’s University College to improve the food choices available to employees and students.
- ADAVIC (Anxiety Disorders Association of Victoria) to educate on healthy eating.
Kerrie has volunteered her time with:
- The African Women’s Community Kitchen (run by Djerriwarrah Community Health in Melton).
- The SAM centre to provide general healthy eating advice for people with anxiety/depression.