Dietitians & Nutritionists who love food!
Our mission is to help you stop dieting, help you rediscover the pleasure in eating and to nurture a healthy relationship with food and your body.
Health At Every Size® (HAES) is a weight-inclusive approach to health. With the HAES approach, the focus is on helping you change your health behaviours rather than your body size. We believe all bodies are deserving of care and respect and this includes being able to eat without having to restrict food you love or engage in exercise you don’t enjoy.
Do you struggle with…
- Keeping weight off, always regaining after a period?
- Feeling unhappy with your body or your weight?
- Thoughts about food and weight taking up too much mental space?
- Feelings of guilt and anxiety around food?
- Finding a pattern of eating that you can stick to long-term?
- Do you ever find yourself saying “I’ve blown it now, may as well write off the rest of the day and I’ll be good tomorrow”?
- Do you feel you can’t keep food in the house as you’ll eat it all?
- Do you find yourself overeating the very food you’re trying hard to avoid or eat less of?
If you said yes, you’re not alone, these are some of the most common issues we see people face.
Would you be surprised if we told you the issue is not you, or the food, or that it has nothing to do with willpower or discipline? The issue lies in the food restriction and our diet mentality and if you are unable to keep weight off through dieting, it is because you are a successful human…
“I just want to feel normal around food”
This is something we commonly hear from our clients when they first come to see us. Our aim is to help you achieve this. Heal your relationship with food and reconnect with the pleasure of eating. Heal your relationship with your body and reconnect with life in Victoria!