Non-Diet Dietitian, Intuitive Eating, HAES
Welcome to Love What You Eat WA
Dietitians & Nutritionists who love food!
Our mission is to help you stop dieting, help you rediscover the pleasure in eating and to nurture a healthy relationship with food and your body.
Health At Every Size® (HAES®) is a weight-inclusive approach to health. With the HAES approach, the focus is on helping you change your health behaviours rather than your body size. We believe all bodies are deserving of care and respect and this includes being able to eat without having to restrict food you love or engage in exercise you don’t enjoy.
Do you struggle with…
- Keeping weight off, always regaining after a period?
- Feeling unhappy with your body or your weight?
- Thoughts about food and weight taking up too much mental space?
- Feelings of guilt and anxiety around food?
- Finding a pattern of eating that you can stick to long-term?
- Do you ever find yourself saying “I’ve blown it now, may as well write off the rest of the day and I’ll be good tomorrow”?
- Do you feel you can’t keep food in the house as you’ll eat it all?
- Do you find yourself overeating the very food you’re trying hard to avoid or eat less of?
If you said yes, you’re not alone, these are some of the most common issues we see people face.
Would you be surprised if we told you the issue is not you, or the food, or that it has nothing to do with willpower or discipline? The issue lies in the food restriction and our diet mentality and if you are unable to keep weight off through dieting, it is because you are a successful human…
“I just want to feel normal around food”
This is something we commonly hear from our clients when they first come to see us. Our aim is to help you achieve this. Heal your relationship with food and reconnect with the pleasure of eating. Heal your relationship with your body and reconnect with life in WA!
Discover a pleasurable way to eat and live with – the Non-Diet Approach & Intuitive EatingLearn More
It's understandable to be struggling with how you feel about your body and to want to lose weightLearn More
Our dietitians can help you to identify and manage your food intolerancesLearn More
We understand the pleasure of eating and drinking and thrive on showing you how manage your healthLearn More
Food glorious food! Interesting food facts and the latest hot nutrition/food topics.Learn More
Healthy eating does not need to be complicated. It’s all about establishing a healthy relationship with food.
At love what you eat WA, accredited practising dietitians Zoe Nicholson and Kerrie Hill will help you get off the dieting merry-go-round and help you reconnect with your appetite in order to nourish your body well and rediscover the pleasure of eating. Through this process you’ll be able let go of any food anxiety or guilt, feel better in your body and discover what it means to be truly healthy. No cutting our your favourite foods, no going without and no dieting. At love what you eat, we use the Non-Diet Approach and Intuitive Eating to help you take care of the health of your body and live a more fulfilling life.
OUR PHILOSOPHY IS THIS….
- A positive attitude to food is more important than always striving to make the “right” food choice
- Reconnect with your internal signals of hunger, fullness and satisfaction
- Establish and nurture a healthy relationship with food, eating and your body
- Reconnect with food, practise eating with mindfulness and you can enjoy all food
- Choose from a variety of foods and no one food type need be restricted
- You don’t need to focus on weight loss to take care of your health and your body