Promoting the Non-Diet Approach to a wider audience
Zoe has appeared on 774 ABC Melbourne and 3AW radio to talk about The Non-Diet Approach, The Moderation Movement and why dieting can be so problematic. Zoe has contributed many quotes and been involved with writing articles for several magazines, newspapers and the online publications, including:
Good Food – How to ditch the food guilt (and order the chocolate pudding) June 2017
Mamamia – Dietitians say beauty YouTubers dishing out diet guidance is “highly problematic”. April 2017
Women’s Weekly – “Cheat day” PJs reinforce damaging messages about food August 2016
my Body + Soul – Can’t sleep? Try this easy peasy solution June 2016
my Body + Soul – Is sweet potato toast the most important food trend of 2016? June 2016
Women’s Weekly – The dark side of clean eating June 2016
Women’s Weekly – Being overweight may not be as unhealthy as it was May 2016
The Herald Sun ‘Body & Soul’ lift-out – The Moderation Movement March 2016
(please note we did not choose the online title for this article)
Good Food – Sugar alternatives: are some sugars better than others? October 2015
Medibank Be Magazine – The Moderation Movement September 2015
The Herald Sun – Junk food ban at children’s parties leaves kids spitting chips June 2015
The Herald Sun – Belle Gibson cancer lie puts spotlight on unregulated wellness industry May 2015
Choice Magazine – The good oil. Is coconut oil all it’s cracked up to be, or just another fad? We investigate to find out whether it lives up to the health hype. Mar 2014. The Good Oil
Australian Natural Health – ‘Food intolerances decoded’ Nov-Dec 2012
Weigh Watchers – ‘Taste of Thailand’ Sept 2012
Australian Natural Health – ‘Avoid winter weight gain’ Mar-Apr 2012
Weigh Watchers – ‘Overcome excessive weight loss’ Sept 2011
Weigh Watchers – ‘Insider secrets!’ Feb 2011
Madison – ‘Eat right for your age’ May 2010
Empower Magazine – ‘Are you gluten intolerant’ Nov 2009
Women’s Weekly – ‘Beauty from within’ Sept 2009
Good Health & Medicine – ‘Curb those cravings’ Mar 2009
Slimming & Health – ‘Stay slim sayings’ Jun 2008
Zoe was also involved with the Benefibre 30 day health and wellbeing challenge in 2009 and provided nutrition advice at the cooking presentation with the Australian Women’s Weekly test kitchen director, Pamela Clark.
In the community…
Zoe has worked as a consultant to the Melbourne L’Oréal Fashion Festival to provide professional advice on any nutritional concerns with the models.
Zoe has also worked or volunteered her time with:
- For several years Zoe donated her time for a ‘meet the expert’ session during the Seniors festival to promote healthy eating for older Australians.
- Video Education Australasia to appear on the educational DVD “the cooking process” shown to high school and TAFE students across Australia.
- Moreland City Council and Melbourne’s University College to improve the food choices available to employees and students.
- ADAVIC (Anxiety Disorders Association of Victoria) to educate on healthy eating.
Kerrie has volunteered her time with:
- The African Women’s Community Kitchen (run by Djerriwarrah Community Health in Melton).
- The SAM centre to provide general healthy eating advice for people with anxiety/depression.
Helping you with the non-diet approach, mindful eating and food intolerance