The 30 day Health Challenge where you get to eat all the food you love!
In fact, there are many different ways we can take care of our health. This challenge (although it doesn’t need to be a challenge as such), is wholistic in the way it encompasses aspects of physical, mental and emotional health.
Here are a bunch of things you can focus on that will boost your physical and mental health over the next 30 days.
Please note: you don’t have to do all of these things in order to care for your health and the ability to do most of these requires a level of privilege where we have a choice, access, freedom and financial capacity.
- Practice listening to your appetite and aim to eat when you notice physical hunger*
- Whatever you do choose to eat, practise eating with some mindful awareness of how the food looks, smells, tastes and feels in your body.
- As often as possible, eat food you enjoy the taste of and that leaves you feeling satisfied.
- Aim to include some fruit and vegetables in your diet each day
- Sometimes eat food just because it tastes good without worrying about the nutritional value
- Cook or prepare more of your own food from scratch
- Enjoy meals with family or friends a few times per week
- Eat regular meals or try not to go more than 5 waking hours without eating
- Aim to get enough sleep most nights
- Find something you can do daily that involves moving your body in ways you enjoy
- Do something each day that makes you smile or laugh
- Offer kindness to a stranger
- Find at least one thing each day to be grateful for
After all, health is so much more complex than what we eat or our nutrition. Unfortunately, many people sacrifice their mental and emotional health in the pursuit of physical health. Physical health means little without mental or emotional health.
*If you struggle with this, that’s ok and fairly normal if you’re been dieting, have (or had) and eating disorder, or just aren’t used to listening to your hunger and fullness cues. Learn more about this here.
Excuse the click baity title…